The 2018 VFL Fixture has now been released by AFL Victoria.
Refer to the below image for a rundown of what the Borough’s Premiership defence will look like!
Some of the key points to take out of the Fixture release are as follows:
– The season is spread across 21 rounds, with each side to partake in three Byes during the course of the year for a total of 18 games played.
– The Borough will enjoy the luxury of an extra home game at North Port Oval in 2018 for a total of 10 – as opposed to the usual nine of the past few years.
– The four sides that we play twice during the year are Collingwood, Sandringham, Footscray and Williamstown.
– The club has three Byes in rounds 5, 12 and 17.
– The season will officially kick off with a Grand Final Replay against Richmond at North Port Oval on Saturday 7th April.
– All bar three games are currently slated in for the traditional and ‘family-friendly’ starting time of 2:00pm. The exceptions are the round 10 3:00pm start against Werribee at the newly-refurbished Avalon Airport Oval; the round 19 1:00pm start against Collingwood at Victoria Park; and the round 21 12:00pm start against Footscray at VU Whitten Oval.
– Port’s first clash with the newly-introduced North Melbourne VFL team will take place at home in round 7. The first clash with fellow standalone club Frankston following their re-introduction to the competition will be two weeks later in round 9 at Frankston Park.
– Two Channel 7 TV games for the club have so far been locked in: round 6 on Saturday 12th May when the Borough clashes with Footscray at North Port Oval, as well as another home game in round 11 against Geelong on Saturday 16th June. There will be a further announcement of broadcasted games in the second half of the season once the footy officially gets underway.
– The second annual ‘Frank Johnson Tribute Day’ will take place in Round 11 at home against Geelong, where the player adjudged to the best afield on the day will be awarded the Frank Johnson Tribute Medal.
All in all, the club is pleased with the balance of our fixture and look forward to sharing in the excitement of season 2018 with all of our loyal fans. Bring on April!
Click on the below link to download a copy of the Port Melbourne season 2018 Fixture (Word format):
To view the full 2018 Fixture for all clubs, visit the VFL website via the below link:
To view our current schedule of practice matches leading into the season proper, please visit the following link: