The Port Melbourne Football Club is inviting applications for the role of Football Manager. This position will oversee, manage and maintain the smooth operations of all aspects of the Football Department, including the club’s VFL program, women’s football program and Community program.
1 FOOTBALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Player contract negotiations and execution
– List Management
– Player recruitment (in conjunction with coach)
– Manage volunteers involved in football operations
– Registration and Co-ordination of Women’s and Men’s senior teams (all aspects including training and match day)
– Player education programs
– Player and parent inductions
– Football department Compliance
– Liaising with Board as required
– Liaising with the City of Port Phillip Council for bookings and training arrangements of North Port Oval and associated facilities.
– Coordinate and manage relationships with all suppliers (equipment, service providers and uniform)
– Develop, manage and maintain aligned club partnerships with local schools, sport and recreation facilities, Oakleigh Chargers FC (TAC Cup) and Port Melbourne Colts FC.
– Identify (in conjunction with Board) and develop an annual Community Engagement Program
– Execution of program (in conjunction with the Board and our Development Officer)
– Assist with fund-raising activities throughout the year
– Assist with other activities within office as required
This position will be based out of the Port Melbourne Football Club and offered on a full-time basis.
Remuneration will be dependent upon experience.
Working extended hours during the week and on weekends will, at times, be required for this role.
Please forward an appropriate cover letter and resume outling your suitability for the role (addressed to President Michael Shulman) via email to:
or via mail to:
PO Box 247
Port Melbourne VIC 3207